To: PHOTO ARTISTS
Re: PSALMS Exhibit
At: IONA Art Gallery, New Rochelle, NY, September 2016
Deadline: May 26, 2016
The images of Psalms will be the subject of the interaction between artist Fred Spinowitz and 5 photographers. Four photographers have been selected so far.
Each Photo Artist will have 3 framed 11”x14” pictures in the exhibit.
The artists and viewers will have a visual conversation integrated with the poetry of PSALMS. To encourage a visual dialogue we plan on having an unlined sketchbook and marker at each of the Psalms on view (about 15). Instructions will ask viewers to write/draw their impressions of the Psalm that they are looking at and experiencing as they explore the paintings and art photos set in matched pairs.
Fred Spinowitz has created 150 watercolor/print mixed media on paper (12×16”). Of the total portfolio 15 will be framed to correspond to the work of each PHOTO artist. The entire Spinowitz portfolio will be available in the Gallery. As Photo artists select the Psalms and sentence from the series list by Spinowitz, that selection will no longer be available as a subject for the next photo artist.
Photo artists are encourage to make early selection and await confirmation before submission.
A list of Psalms and sentences from each will be sent in a separate email.
• Entry is open to all photo artists, 18 or older
. 3 jpeg images 300 dpi format 1.3 mb or smaller will be mutually decided and emailed by May 15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include your name and the titles of your artworks on the subject line of your email.
• NO Entry fee
• Each artist may submit three framed pieces of PHOTO artwork
• Each artist must submit a brief biography as well as one written statement for each submitted artwork, connecting their work to the theme,
• Each artist must deliver their framed work and pick up their work at the end of the show
• The duration of the show will be approximately 1 month (September 2016) exact dates will follow
• In the event of a sale, the artist keeps 80% of sale price and IONA retains 20%.
• All Framed PHOTOs must be displayable on wall
• Size of PHOTO artwork is 11”x14” ( the frame/mat will make the work approximately 18×22”)
• Work will not be hung if damaged
• Work will not be hung if not professionally wired for hanging
• Neither IONA nor any other exhibition facility nor Fred Spinowitz is responsible for damage to artwork. Artist should self insure work, however Iona has INSURANCE from the time the art arrives at the Gallery for DROP OFF until the end of the Exhibit
Call with questions or clarification.