Kol HaOt invites visual artists to apply for an artist-in-residency at their new center in the Chutzot HaYotzer Artists’ Colony, outside Jerusalem’s Old City walls.
Kol HaOt is seeking visual artists who align with their organization’s mission to integrate Judaism’s rich sources and themes, and Jewish history, into their artistic works. Artists will have access to an inspiring, spacious studio space in this prestigious artists colony, for the duration of their residency. They invite artists to use this residency to profoundly express the intersection of Jewish sources and heritage in their artwork and artistic vision, as well as be a part of the Kol HaOt initiative. Additional considerations in the selection of artists include: the quality of the artworks; the artist’s willingness to contribute to the Kol HaOt mission; and the significance of the studio space for the artist’s practice.
Description and Requirements of Residency
– The residencies are for short-term stays of periods of 3 weeks (minimum) to 12 weeks (maximum).
– The artist must engage in Jewish content via their artistic medium.
– The artist will be required to run occasional sessions, and engage with visiting Kol HaOt groups.
– The artist will be required to donate works for the Kol HaOt exhibition gallery. These can be pieces that have already been developed, or those created during the artist’s residency at Kol HaOt.
Submission is a 2-part process
1) Please send an email that includes a Cover Letter, your CV, and 5 images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Artist’s Residency” in the subject line.
2) Complete an online application form here: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdQZuPri_XMNH9M2z…/viewform
Applicants must provide all information in this “To Apply” section to be considered.