Call for entries for a group art exhibition to accompany ‘The 2017 Festival Ha’Rikud’ at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery at the Vancouver JCC. Open to all visual artists.
Media: drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture, fibre art, photography.
The 2017 Festival Ha’Rikud will take place May 12-14, 2017.
The Group Show to accompany the Festival will open May 4th closing date not yet determined.
Theme: The theme of Festival Ha’Rikud 2017 is Friendship, one of the paramount values of Judaism and a fundamental building block of our community. We strive to bring the theme of friendship alive: as we dance, learn and perform we hope to connect hearts, and bring our community together from far and wide through friendship, music, dance and the visual arts.
All of the artwork, chosen by a jury, will be displayed at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery.
Commission on Sales: The art will be for sale. The Gallery receives a 25% Commission on all sales
Application deadline: Thurs. March 23rd, 4 pm.
Clearly indicate that this is your entry for the Festival Ha’Rikud Exhibition.
- A cheque for a submission fee of $25 made out to the Jewish Community Centre
- artist’s contact information, phone number and email
- brief statement on the art submitted
- curriculum vitae
- electronically sent jpegs, a memory stick or CD of up to 3 pieces of art on the above theme. Please list the submitted images including title, size, medium, year and price
- If you are sending this in by mail please make sure that your application is marked to the attention of Linda Lando. Include a stamped self addressed envelope so that we can return CD or memory stick if needed.
- All but the cheque can be sent electronically
Artists submitting work for the “Festival Ha’Rikud” exhibit will receive notification of the jury’s decision by Thursday, April 6th and will be responsible for delivering the art ready to be hung to Linda Lando at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery at a time to be determined closer to the show date.
For artists who wish to be considered for a future solo or duo show please submit same as above but with at least 10 labelled photos of your work. Artists submitting work for a solo show in the 2017/2018 gallery season will receive notification later in the spring.
Address the submission to: Linda Lando c/o Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, 950 West 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7.
The gallery is not responsible for loss or damage. Please do not submit original work.