The Great Synagogue of Grodno features an exhibition of 18 prints “Kaddish for Dabrowa Bialostocka”.
This exhibition shows a series of archival pigment prints of new works by Mark Podwal in acrylic and colored pencil. The works were inspired by his recent visit to the shtetl in Poland where his mother was born.
Opening March 10. The artist will attend the reception May 1, 2017.
The synagogue was built in 1580 by Santi Gucci, who designed a Wooden synagogue at Rabbi Mordechai Yaffe’s invitation. The structure burned down in 1902, and was rebuilt in an eclectic and moorish style from 1902 to 1905.
All artwork copyright of the artist.