2018 INTERFAITH BIENNIAL EXHIBITION
Expressing Faith in Art
Theme: Love and Truth, an Expression of Interfaith Diversity
Dominican University in River Forest, IL –
Submission deadline is July 9.
Dominican University is pleased to announce its fourth Interfaith Biennial Exhibition. The University’s Interfaith Cooperation Committee is dedicated to representing a welcoming environment on campus for a diverse array of faith and value-based beliefs in many aspects, including that of the visual arts.
The Interfaith Biennial is a juried exhibition that will represent works of art from multiple disciplines that comment on the theme of Love and Truth: an expression of Interfaith Diversity. The exhibition will remain on display with proper documentation in a prominent location on Dominican’s campus for approximately two years, August 2018 – June 2020 with an opening reception on September 25, 2018.
PANEL OF JURORS
Jeff Carlson, Interim Provost, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Professor of Theology
Jessica Cochran, Independent Curator
Claire Noonan, Director of University Ministry, Vice President for Missions and Ministry, Dominican University
Frank Spidale, Assistant Professor of Painting, Department of Art, Art History & Design
Rachel Hart Winter, PhD, Director, St. Catherine of Siena Center
This exhibition is open to all disciplines. 2-D work should be no larger than 36 x 48 in. and 3-D work should weigh no more than 50lbs. Only recent works of art; created in 2016 or later, will be considered. You may submit up to 3 digital jpeg images to be considered. (This can be 3 different images or up to 5 images that include detail shots.)
Applications due July 9th, winners will be notified by July 23th. Works of art will need to arrive in proper hanging condition no later than August 6th.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Send your digital submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Place 2018 Interfaith Biennial Submission in the subject line of your email.
3. Include a brief description of how your work expresses faith and how it relates to this year’s theme of Love and Truth as an expression of Interfaith diversity. (Max: 250 words)
4. The following information needs to be included for each jpeg in your email:
- File name for each jpeg of artwork
- Title of the Work, Year Completed, Dimensions, Medium/materials used
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, JULY 9, 2018