In order to give our members more exposure throughout the year we plan to feature more members’ work on our website and social media.
FOR J.A.S. MEMBERS ONLY
Before each HOLIDAY we plan to feature a slide show of a few related artworks. The selection depends on how many images we receive for that particular theme.
Each week before Shabbat we plan to feature an image with a brief description. If your art is related to a certain parsha / Torah portion, write that parsha’s name in the subject line.
We will also do posts about lifecycle events, mitzvot, and other themes not mentioned on our Category form. We imagine that particularly the mitzvah images will open up possibilities for many of you, since there are so many ways these can be interpreted.
Seeking the following art images:
- Jewish holidays, including non-religious Jewish observances such as Israel Independence Day, etc.
- Parsha- related art.
- Ritual objects
- Lifecycle (birth, bnei mitzvah, wedding, death, etc.)
- Major secular holidays, for example Thanksgiving, Mothers / Fathers Day, etc.
- Mitzvot (here is a list of all 613: http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm)
- Another theme of your choice, one that is not mentioned on our Category page.
HOW TO SUBMIT IMAGES:
1) Put the theme in the subject line, for example: SHABBAT, or Lifecycle – Bnai Mitzvah.
Be specific when sending the following themes:
- Holiday art example: “Holiday – Purim”, or “Holiday – Sukkot” or “Holiday – Holocaust Memorial Day”.
- Parsha art example: “Parsha Yitro” or “Parsha Bo”
- Mitzvah example: “Mitzvah 53 To love the stranger”, or “Mitzvah 27 Not to stand by idly when a human life is in danger”.
- Lifecycle for example: “Lifecycle – wedding” or “Lifecycle Birth”
- Another theme: (Create your own theme as long as it is not mentioned on our Category page)
• We need you to label these themes correctly in the subject line, so when we filter emails looking for images all the appropriate emails come up.
1A) One image per email.
Multiple images require multiple emails. Make sure you put the right info in the subject line, or we will not be able to post it.
2) In the body of the email (NOT in an attachment) write the image info:
- Title of work, your first and last name, medium, year
- If you like, add a brief description or statement in the 3rd person.
If you are not a native english speaker we will be glad to edit your description.
3) Email to: email@example.com
This address is for images only. All other emails go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to time constraints we will not be able to post images that do not follow the above guidelines.