All are cordially invited to attend this Amen Institute “Articulation” which will be held on Sunday March 6th at 2 pm ET.
Zoom link: us02web.zoom.us/j/3817770905
In this presentation Tobi Kahn, a highly regarded artist, and Rabbi Ysoscher Katz, an influential Orthodox rabbi will share the art and insights that were inspired by their 6 month investigation of the Jewish practice of atonement through sacrifices. As we close the book of Exodus, this poignant meditation on a central biblical practice will surely rouse new meaning as we are escorted into the book of Leviticus.
For more information, here is the link to the event page: https://fb.me/e/1u5kE4tS7
Admission is free and the conversation will be timeless, hope to see you there.
About Rabbi Katz
– Rabbi Ysoscher Katz is the chair of Talmud at Yeshivat Chovevei Torah.
– Served as Rabbi at the Prospect Heights Shul
– Esteemed educator at Ma’yanot and SAR
– Taught a full cycle of Daf Yomi to a chavurah in Boro Park
About Tobi Kahn
– Founder of the Artist Beit Midrash
– Teaches at the School of Visual Arts in New York
– Over 70 solo exhibitions internationally
– Notable exhibits include shows at The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York and The Phillips Collection in D.C.
In the Amen Institute’s Fellow Program artists are assigned a portion of the Torah to inspire a visual artwork and they are paired up with a Rabbinic fellow to study this portion with, where together they work through important theological and spiritual questions that come from this biblical text. Eleven Jewish Art Salon members are amongst the 20 selected Fellows.