Jewish Art Salon – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Membership, 2. How to list your events, 3. Miscellaneous
- What is the Jewish Art Salon?
We are a world-wide group of visual artists, art curators, art historians, and art writers, interested and working in contemporary Jewish art. We organize art exhibitions and art events, and we provide important resources. Our office is in New York, our members are worldwide.
- Benefits for artists?
See our benefits page for more info on how we promote artists.
- I am an artist not located in the New York area (or the USA). Should I join?
Yes. We have assisted many out-of-town artists with exhibitions and press. For a full list see our benefits page.
- Benefits for organizations?
- Your or your organization’s name and/or logo linked to your website, on our Associates page.
- Your events listed on our social media.
- How do I join?
Click here to apply.
- I am a Fellow; how do I update my artist page on the website?
To update your photos and bio, email email@example.com (NOT to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) with the following:
- jpegs with your name & title of work, eg. Weiss_Sukkot.jpeg
- size of jpegs: 72 dpi, between 100 – 200 kb
- the new bio text inside the email body, not as an attachment
- bio written in 3rd person. No unnecessary Caps. We reserve the right to edit your bio.
2. Listing of events
Q: I am a member; how do I list my event?
A: Two actions to take:
1) Join the Facebook group Friends of the Jewish Art Salon and list your event there.
(This is separate from the Jewish Art Salon FB page.)
Current Salon members can post their exhibitions, films, recent press articles etc. in the FB group.
2) Email web-ready jpegs (no larger than 200kb each; no pdfs), and your text info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Text cannot be an attachment; copy and paste text into the email body. Text needs to be written in the 3rd person. Send us more than just the venue and dates: write a short description of the artwork (if it is an exhibition), background info, and if possible include a URL link to the event.
Do NOT send us info with an email manager such as Constant Contact or Mailchimp. We cannot extract the images and text from those.
Do NOT send listing info to any other address, such as email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org only!
We reserve the right to select which events will be posted on the website.
- I am not a member; how do I list my event?
If you have a Call for Art, or other opportunity that may interest our members, email us with info at email@example.com A URL link and jpeg are appreciated.
We cannot post any other events by non-members.
- I have a Gmail account and J.A.S. emails get marked as spam, or end up in the Promotions tab (or I don’t receive them).
If our emails still end up in your Gmail Promotions tab, click on the email and drag it into the Inbox tab. When asked if you want to continue receiving the emails in your inbox click “yes”.