Jewish Art Salon – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Jewish Art Salon?
We are a world-wide group of visual artists, art curators, art historians, and art writers, interested and working in contemporary Jewish art. We organize art exhibitions and art events, and we provide important resources. Our office is in New York, our members are worldwide.
- Benefits for artists?
See our benefits page for more info on how we promote artists.
- I am an artist not located in the New York area (or the USA). Should I join?
Yes. We have assisted many out-of-town artists with exhibitions and press. For a full list see our benefits page.
- Benefits for organizations?
- Your or your organization’s name and/or logo linked to your website, on our Associates page.
- Your events listed on our social media.
- How do I join?
Click here to apply.
- I am a Fellow; how do I update my artist page on the website?
To update your photos and bio, email firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- jpegs with your name & title of work, eg. Weiss_Sukkot.jpeg
- size of jpegs: 72 dpi, between 100 – 200 kb
- the new bio text inside the email body, not as an attachment
- bio written in 3rd person. No unnecessary Caps. We reserve the right to edit your bio.
Listing of events
- I am a member; how do I list my event?
1. Ask to join the Jewish Art Salon group on Facebook. This is separate from the Jewish Art Salon FB page.
Current Salon members can post their exhibitions, films, recent press articles etc. in the FB group.
2. Follow us on Twitter. If you mention us in a tweet (@jewishartsalon) we will retweet. Our tweets are visible on each page of our website.
- I am not a member; how do I list my event?
If you have a Call for Art, or similar opportunity that may interest our members, email us with info at email@example.com
- I have a Gmail account and J.A.S. emails get marked as spam, or end up in the Promotions tab (or I don’t receive them).
If our emails still end up in your Gmail Promotions tab, click on the email and drag it into the Inbox tab. When asked if you want to continue receiving the emails in your inbox click “yes”.